Looking for a Job?
Are you a Veteran looking for a job in Information Technology (IT)? Join us for this unique event where you could walk away with an opportunity to interview with top companies in the area. We have a growing list of companies that are looking for top talent.
All Are Welcome!
9:30 AM – 9:40 AM
Stephen Ware, Technical Lead of Veteran Services, Intellectual Point
9:40 AM – 10:00 AM
Quick Tips For Interviews
Delaina Morse, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Jacobs
10:00 AM – 10:20 AM
Veteran Career and Hiring Tips
Heather Kline, Client Solution Architects (CSA)
Mary Lashinsky, Client Solution Architects (CSA)
10:20 AM – 10:40 AM
Veteran Growth Offerings with Deloitte
Matthew Lamanna, Specialist Master, Cyber Risk Services, Deloitte & Touche LLP
10:40 AM – 11:00 AM
Exploring Cyber Careers at Booz Allen Hamilton
Teresa Allison, Senior Cybersecurity Policy, Governance, Risk, Compliance Specialist
Lead Associate, Booz | Allen | Hamilton
11:00 AM – 11:20 AM
Veteran Success and Advice
Eric Nelson, HR/Talent Acquisition Manager, L3Harris
11:20 AM – 11:40 AM
Veteran Jobs at Oracle
Mindy Jaffar, Program Manager, Military Talent, Oracle
11:40 AM – 11:50 PM
Veteran Success Story
Antoine Williams, Intellectual Point Veteran Success Student
11:50 AM – 12:00 PM
Veteran Success Story
Pedro Dupree, Intellectual Point Veteran Success Student
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
Cyber Talk and Career Advice
Prem Jadhwani, CEO and President, Intellectual Point
12:30 PM – 1:00 PM
Break Out Rooms / Questions & Closing
How it Works
We have top companies from the Northern Virginia area looking to fill some great cybersecurity jobs. These great companies will share some helpful information about their services and what they are looking for. They will also share what open jobs they have. Be sure to have your resume ready because you will have the opportunity to apply with Intellectual Point to support you.
Tips for Success
- Make sure your resume is updated. Your profile should contain a short, 4-5 sentence paragraph summarizing your experience. Modify your skills/expertise/proficiencies to directly align with the job requirements.
- Top Tips for Using Your LinkedIn Profile
- Need some extra preparation for the event? Be sure to attend our Career Exploration Night!
- Research what jobs you are interested in so you can focus on what jobs you want to apply for.
- If you do get an interview here are some helpful tips.
- Don't forget the Thank you!
- Don’t be discouraged if 5 days elapse and you don’t get word. Follow up. Politely but persistently.
- Good luck, go get ‘em.
Top Job Titles
- Cyber Security Analyst
- IT Help Desk Technician
- Incident Responder
- Penetration Tester
(Red Team / Blue Team)
- Network Engineer
- Cloud Architect
- AWS Cloud Engineer
- Splunk Power User
- Data Scientist
- Business Analyst